Do you have a passion for international affairs? Do you want to travel the country and the world to serve as a voice for young Americans? You just might be the next U.S. Youth Observer to the United Nations.
Applications are now open to apply to be the 2018-2019 U.S. Youth Observer to the UN!
This role is appointed annually by the U.S. Department of State and UN Association of the USA. For a one-year term, an American between the ages of 18-25 is selected to travel throughout the country and connect with thousands of other young Americans to find out the issues most important to them.
We’re looking for a poised, internationally-engaged young American to fill this role for the 2018-2019 year. Qualified individuals are:
• Passionate and entrepreneurial about civic engagement, youth issues, and the United Nations
• Digitally engaged and talented writers, with a knack for communicating online in creative and effective ways and quickly turning around blog posts to inform other youth
• Intellectually curious and able to have meaningful conversations with high-level individuals
• Experienced public speakers who are enthusiastic about engaging with young Americans
• Dedicated to making the world a better place
Sound like you or someone you know? Applications must be submitted by Sunday, April 29 at 11:59 pm EST. You can find complete details on how to apply here.
Campus Chapter Leaders — Join the conversation.
Young Professionals — Share resources.