Hello, HOBY! We are so excited to become a part of the HOBY family.
We’re Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity. We’re a gender inclusive National Honor Fraternity with Chapters at collegiate institutions all over the country. Here are some fast facts:
- There are 150 Phi Sigma Pi Chapters nationwide, 135 Collegiate Chapters plus 16 Alumni Chapters/Associations
- Over 50,000 Alumni Members
- Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity is currently celebrating its Centennial year
- We were founded on February 14, 1916 (Yep! Valentine’s Day)
- Phi Sigma Pi was established on a Tripod of three ideals: Scholarship, Leadership and Fellowship, and balancing those three ideals guides us in all of our endeavors.
So how did the HOBY and Phi Sigma Pi partnership come about? Every year, representatives from all of our Chapters join together for our business meeting, Grand Chapter. Here is where we make big decisions about the future of our organization. This includes amendments to our National Constitution, elections of National Officers and, in 2015, selecting a National Philanthropy. Our Members connected with HOBY and chose to move forward exploring a partnership with your organization.
As Suzanne Schaffer, Phi Sigma Pi Executive Director says, “In selecting HOBY as our philanthropic partner, Phi Sigma Pi Members connected immediately to HOBY’s ideals which correlate perfectly to our own.” In fact, we had quite a few HOBY Alumni in attendance as representatives of their Collegiate and Alumni Chapters at the Grand Chapter meeting saying the exact same thing.
Want to see if we have a Chapter at your school? You can check here. If we don’t have a Chapter at your college or university and you want to start one, please let us know here! There are many benefits to joining or starting a Chapter. For example, our Leadership in Action Program, exclusive to our Members, has won the award for Outstanding Professional Program Award from the Professional Fraternity Association, which prepares our Members for success within their Chapter and for life after college.
We look forward to this partnership and hope we can help make the experience of both organizations Members even more meaningful and beneficial.