This week long program, the 2014 World Leadership Congress will take place July 19 – July 26 at Loyola University Chicago. During the week participants will interact with leaders from all walks of life, participate in thought-provoking workshops, work together at community service projects, collaborate with their team members to achieve common goals and have a lot of fun while doing it!
Participating in a HOBY Leadership Seminar is just the first step on your leadership journey… it certainly doesn’t stop there! Every summer, HOBY welcomes approximately 400 students from around the globe to our World Leadership Congress (WLC). This event is HOBY’s largest and longest running student leadership program. Now in its 46th year, the WLC will inspire, motivate, challenge, and empower YOU!
When we asked our 2013 WLC Ambassadors WHY students should participate in the 2014 World Leadership Congress, this is what they told us:
“WLC will give you what you need – motivation and connections – to truly make a difference in the world.”
- “It creates an atmosphere of unification, regardless your nationality. This way, you become more open minded, like a global citizen.”
- “Participating in the Hugh O' Brian Youth Leadership World Leadership Congress was life changing because it taught ambassadors how to think, not what to think, in a culturally enriching way. Involvement in the HOBY WLC taught me, and those who attended, what it means to be a leader.”
- “HOBY and the WLC are once in a lifetime experiences that offer invaluable relationships and leadership skill building that can truly change your life. I can say for sure that I am a completely different person after having attended the WLC. HOBY changed my life for the better!”
- “If you want to see your full potential and reach it, this is the place where it starts”
Students attending a 2014 HOBY state leadership seminar are the ONLY US students eligible to attend HOBY's 2014 World Leadership Congress (WLC). Attendance at a HOBY local leadership seminar is a mandatory requirement to attend the HOBY World Leadership Congress, and this opportunity is only available to you the summer following your leadership seminar (July, 2014). We will have approximately 275 spaces available for students from across the United States for our 2014 WLC.
We are actively planning the educational program for 2014, but you can get a sense of what the week is like by reviewing the 2013 WLC Schedule, you can see that here: http://www.hoby.org/assets/files/downloads/2013_WLC_schedule.pdf
- WHO: Students attending a state HOBY seminar in 2014
- WHAT: The World Leadership Congress (WLC)
- WHEN: Saturday, July 19 – Saturday, July 26, 2014
- WHERE: Loyola University in Chicago, IL
- WHY: You’re looking for a life-changing experience with over 400 youth leaders from around the world
- COST: $1675 per student which includes all of your onsite expenses once you arrive at your travel gateway in Chicago (room, board, program materials, all ground transportation, events, t-shirts, etc.)
- HOW: Registration is open NOW! Click Here: http://www.hoby.org/world-leadership-congress-register
Registration is now open and we do sell out annually! Before you register, please take a few minutes to review our “Frequently Asked Questions” page, you can it here: http://www.hoby.org/world-leadership-congress-faqs
Then proceed to our registration page here: http://www.hoby.org/world-leadership-congress-register
You will need to know which HOBY Leadership Seminar you are attending, so you can select the correct seminar from the list and $100 deposit is required to hold your space.
You can learn more about HOBY, our programs and the World Leadership Congress by visiting our website at http://www.hoby.org/world-leadership-congress; you can also keep updated on program and events by following our official HOBY Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/HOBY.